Sounds legitI responded with: “Pretty sure Mew is the original high bar Master Race whose motor patterns aren’t fucked up so it can learn everything, and Mewtwo is the low bar squatter with better base stats."
Little does he know that Mew now sucks and no one uses it anymore, and Mewtwo low-barred his way to 150 base special attack so it can stay competitive.
I understand a lot of criticisms of Rippetoe, but I also think that coaches (see: Internet personalities) who put him on blast repeatedly and reference his issues constantly are not exactly helping their own credibility.
Also maybe they have a big lesbian crush on him.
WHAT YOU TRYINA SAY, BRUH??
Squats- 280lbs 3x3
Bench Press- 182.5x4, 185x4+1, 3+1, 2, 170lbs x3
P. snatch- 127.5lbs 6x2
Chin Ups- +55lbs 3x5
Squats were rough, and I was tired so I did 3x3. Benching was a shitshow. First 3 were easy on every set, then I kept stalling hard and missing reps. First set I didn’t go for the 5th. Second set I didn’t want to take off the 25’s after my trainee who is stronger than me benched, so I did 185. He grabbed the bar at the top of my 4th because it was slow, so I did a 5th after racking. Third set I dropped the bar on my chest from near lock-out after my wrist rolled back. Spotter was filming, then came over to save me and I did another rep after he racked it. On the last set 2 was a ridiculous grind and I missed the third. After reviewing the footage, it looks like locking out is hard because the bar drifts behind my elbows/towards my face too fast as I press up on the last reps. How fix?
Snatches were decent. Staying over the bar/on heels a little longer. Read a few shitshow threads on Facebook about how high bar vs. low bar doesn’t matter but weightlifters and crossfitters still have to high bar because Chad Wesley Whatever publishes garbage articles and squats 905 and the precious motor patterns. Chin Ups were pretty solid, will do 55 again next week and try to get more reps. I wish my pressing was as easy as my rows/chins.
Fill in the blanks and tag 6 people! (don’t forget to tell them you’ve tagged them). Tagged by mightymaus
- Name: Anthony
- Birthday: 03/03/1992
- Favourite Color: Idk, red or some shit. Maybe a nice cyan?
- Lucky number: 69
- Height: 6’6”
- Talents: Arguing on the internet.
- Last Dream You Remember: I don’t know mostly because I hate when people talk about their dreams unless it involves zombies.
- Can You Juggle: I cannot even juggle my responsibilities.
- Arts/Sports/Both?: Used to be art but I chose to be mediocre at sports instead.
- Do You Like Writing: Not really.
- Do You Like Dancing: I like watching people who are good at dancing.
- Do You Like Singing: Same as above. Wish I could do both better.
- Dream vacation: Also Hawaii. Or Japan.
- Dream guy/girl: Don’t have one because I don’t actually talk to girls anymore.
- Dream wedding: Don’t have one.
- Dream pet: I have a bunch of dogs and cats, so maybe a Panda. Or a Red Panda.
- Dream job: MMA Fighter.
- Favorite song: Cinema Skrillex Remix - Benny Benassi ft. Gary Go
- Last song you heard on the radio: Some remix of Selfie by Chainsmokers
- Least favorite song: Anything by Drake. Fuck that guy.
- Least favorite album: The Drake Album with the clouds in the background of his dumb face.
- Least favorite artist: Two Chainz.
- Guys/girls/both: Girls, with honorable mentions to Ryan Gosling.
- Hair Color: Bright colorful shit like red, blue, and purple could get it, but not important.
- Eye Color: I don’t pay attention to anyone’s eye color.
- Humorous/Serious: Probably humorous.
- Taller/shorter: Shorter because I am 6’6”…
- Biggest Turn Off: Equipped lifting/squatting high, drug use beyond alcohol/marijuana.
- Biggest Turn On: Sundresses, Zooey Deschanel, “Did they actually talk to me? this is a new and wonderful experience. “